Friday, May 15, 2009

Mr Curry

Occasionally, I have a strong craving for Japanese curry.

To my Southeast Asian taste bud, Japanese curry is a bit strange - strong smelling, somewhat sweet and a little spicy.

But nevertheless, I like it and will actually crave for it every so often.

I always lament that there isn't any good Japanese curry-san in Singapore, not since this tiny shop in International Plaza closed down a few years back, anyway.

So, I wasn't really keen to try out Mr Curry the few times we walked by the shop at The Central.

But I met a friend for lunch at The Central on Thursday and thought I'd give it a try anyway.

Oh.. I was quite pleasantly surprised. To be honest, I think I like the shop decor, the takeaway boxes, how they serve the food and all better than the curry. But the curry wasn't too bad at all. It had a very... "Japanese" taste and was still spicy nonetheless. It wasn't thick enough for me.. I thought it was quite runny but I still polished up every bit of it. It was a satisfying lunch.


No comments: