Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Simple scones



I forgot where I got this recipe from.. But it really is a simple recipe.

I wanted to make some scones to eat recently because of the disappointing scones I had at a restaurant at Bishan Park.

Somehow, I never managed to get my scone mixture "dry" enough to be able to roll it out and cut it. Instead, I spoon it into a small blop and place it on the baking sheet.

Ingredients
Dry ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Wet ingredients
1/2 cup butter - about 110g
2/3 cup milk
1 beaten egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Others
1 cup raisins
Some beaten egg yolk - for brushing

What I did
1. Combine all dry ingredients
2. Add in butter and mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs
3. Mix in the rest of the wet ingredients
4. Add in raisins
5. Spoon mixture into small blops and place on prepared baking sheet
6. Brush top with egg yolk
7. Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg C for 15 to 20 mins

Tastes best warm and serve with homemade jam and cream. And also a cup of strong English Breakfast tea.

No comments: