Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Learning to be carefree

Today, I saw the a couple of neighbours' children, playing near the carpark as I was returning.

They look so happy and carefree... I was feeling kind of envious.

For me, being carefree has always been hard work.

It's kind of ironic, isn't it. Being carefree means "being free of care, having no worries or troubles". Yet to me, that's not an easy thing to be.

I have forgotten when I've lost my sense of being carefree.. Maybe it's ever since I graduated. Maybe it's long before that.

But even though I don't work now and according to some, I lead the kind of life they are envious of, I catch myself feeling worried.. or being bothered by something.. more frequently than I like to.

It's annoying I know... but I can't help myself at times.

1 Peter 5:7 says "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

I find that I have to cast my anxieties daily to get rid of them. Not easy but it is definitely something I'm learning to do.


A photo I took in Tours, France, of a child with his parents,
taking a walk without a care in the world..

No comments: