Monday, August 2, 2010

Golden Ixora

Say hi to my golden ixora!


The colour is just delicious isn't it? I think this shade of yellow is a colour that smiles.

As a child, I remembered reading that the nectar in the "tube" of the flower is sweet and I tried sucking one in the park. My mum almost had a heart attack when she found out and thought I'd poison myself... But the book was right.. the nectar did taste pretty sweet!

I hope this ixora plant would not be killed by me.. If it survives me, I'd start looking for other less common colours like pink!

If you know where to find special coloured ixora - let me know!

4 comments:

Blur Ting said...

It's an unusual colour! I'll help you keep a lookout for special varieties when I am out at the nurseries.

That reminds me of my kids. When they were in primary school, they would suck nectar from our condo's ixora while waiting for the school bus.

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

hi, Ix!

kekekeke...... =P

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Ting - thanks! :)
Fry - hahaha..

My Sinfonia said...

Hey, that's a lovely colour...I used to suck on the nectar of ixoras too..They are sweet...