Sunday, February 20, 2011

Family Day and Parks

I have been pretty quiet on my blog for a couple of weeks now. And part of the reason is because I have had a very stressful 2 weeks trying to organise Family Day.

Family Day is an annual affair for our church.. where about some 200 of us would gather together for some fun activities and lunch together.

This year, I'm one of the organisers. It has been really stressful because trying to get a location suitable for 200 people, with sufficient parking, toilet facilities and shade is not as easy as one would think. Even for Garden City Singapore. And especially if one does not wish to pay very much.

And so, for the last 2 weeks, I've basically been really rather stressed out about this year's Family Day - getting the location, coming up with the programs, the food, drinks... and even things such as enough garbage bags!

At one point I was thinking.. hm.. I wasn't even so stressed out for my own wedding. The difference is that for my wedding, all I had to do was please myself and The Husband. And our wedding wasn't held outdoors, where you are subject to the fickle weather.

Well, in the end, after searching out and visting about 5 parks in Singapore, we decided upon Jurong Lake Park. And we were very blessed indeed today because the weather just could not have been better. It was cloudy and breezy so that even though our activities were in the middle of the day, it was all very pleasant indeed. And I was thoroughly exhausted after the event.. but quite quite glad that everyone seemed to have a nice time.

Jurong Lake Park is a BEAUTIFUL park... I have never been there prior to 2 weeks ago, but I would highly recommend a visit to this park. I would certainly hope to go back there for a picnic one day. I wished I had remembered to take pictures of this beautiful park this time around.. but for now, you'd just have to take my word for it! :P

4 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Haha, family day i supposed to be a day of fun but the organising is so stressful?

I remember Jurong park cos we used to visit that part of the woods when we were young.

Malar said...

You organize a family day for 200 ppl? That's great! Thumb up to you!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Hi Ting, it was stressful but on the day itself, it was actually quite fun! :)

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Gee, thanks Malar!