Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Very Rainy Day

It is a really rainy day today.

It feels as if the weather system that flooded Bangkok has moved down south to Singapore. The rain is coming down like it's being poured out of a huge bucket from the sky.

This is the perfect weather to read a favourite novel and laze around in bed.

Yet I didn't manage to do that today.

I tripped and fell during lunch on Friday, as I was crossing the road and I have been having a backache since.

When I was young, I always think that one will grow out of clumsiness as one ages. But it doesn't seem to have turn out that way for me at all. This is my third accident of the year - after spraining my ankle in London and bruising my legs badly in Bangkok by walking into a short divider in a restaurant.

The rain on my balcony

8 comments:

Wen-ai said...

o dear... may you recover soon! N be careful in the future!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thanks, Wen-ai!

Blur Ting said...

Oh no. The roads are slippery, must walk carefully from now on!
That photo is so cute, it looks like a reflection of an animal.

Rene said...

Hope you get well soon! I had a near miss at the National Library yesterday from their slippery granite (?) floor while it pouring outside. Take care.

Petunia Lee said...

Ouch!! Get well soon!!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thanks Ting. Hehe, that's the reflection of my outdoor table and 2 chairs! I thought the reflection was interesting too...

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Rene, yes.. very slippery indeed. You take care too!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thanks Petunia!