Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ice-blended Avocado with Milk


I blended some avocado with milk and ice with my powerful Vitamix blender for an afternoon drink on Sunday. Making this drink made me really tempted to buy an ice-cream maker. I'm sure it'd be really nice to turn this into an avocado ice-cream and add some gula melaka to go with it!

The Husband didn't like this one bit though. He tasted some, made a face and refused to have any more of it.

But the drink tasted pretty good to me. It is so thick it is almost like yoghurt... and  I like the creaminess of the avocado with the milk. If you like your drinks sweet, be sure to add a healthy dose of syrup or honey.

3 comments:

lucy said...

try to add a sprinkle of milo on the avocado drink.

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Oh.. that sounds good! I'd try that next time.

Malar said...

Avacado? I taste it once...so plain taste! i just throw away the whole fruit so do my son! what a waste of money! Next time i should try ur recipe!