Thursday, July 22, 2010

Piling up

I'm seriously behind in my housework.

Seriously.

The laundry is piling up. I can't wash anything because it's raining everyday anyway and nothing will ever dry. But the pile still bothers me.

The floor is getting really dusty again and I've only just swept and mopped the floor on Sunday. (As a child I used to think that the dust balls under my bed are left there by dwarves after they had a party in my room whilst I'm away or sleeping.. Sometimes, I still suspect that my theory was right. I mean... why else would you see dust balls in an almost perfectly sealed up room so frequently.. but then, I had so many other strange theories as a kid.. is a post for another day.)

The week's supply of shirts that I've ironed have been drawn down and more ironing needs to be done.

I never understand how others cope with housework. It is a complete mystery to me. I mean, I wake up pretty early every day.. and sleep quite late. Apart from work, I only blog a little.. facebook a little.. read a little... watch some TV whilst I'm doing these... so where does all my time go to?

Maybe other working ladies are really efficient and can do three things at any one time.. all the time.

There are days when I feel so poorly about my efficiency and today is just one of those.

7 comments:

My Sinfonia said...

Oh..don't be upset with yourself...in my time as a working lady, I had a part-time helper do all the ironing and cleaning once a week. How sweet that was!

Petunia Lee said...

Oh ho ho ho! This is a funny funny post that I can perfectly relate to!!

Petunia Lee said...

Oh ho ho ho!! This is a funny funny post that I can perfectly relate to!!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Yin Mei, I did too actually.. until this happened.. http://openkitchenconcept.blogspot.com/2010/06/devastated.html. I'm looking for a new helper now!

Blur Ting said...

You just have to close an eye to all that mess. Maybe visit my house one day, then you'll realise you're pristine in comparison. I have 2 big-sized teenage boys, 1 dog, 3 aquariums and I cook everyday. Can you imagine the amount of dust being generated everyday?

I used to stress myself out by sweeping and mopping everyday, now I just do major cleaning during the weekend and maybe a spot of cleaning mid-week. One thing I don't do is ironing cos I simply hate it. So I buy clothes that don't require much ironing.

Once you convince yourself that life is more than having a dust-free home, then you'll get used to it :-)

Malar said...

There are always many things to do once reach home.....never ending....

Anyway i think you should let helper in only when someone is arround!

WaterLearner said...

Haha!! I am not so discipline in terms of house work. I usually do housework on weekends. Although everytime weekend comes, I would curse below my breath why I had not portioned out some tasks to be done on weekday nights!!!