Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pieces of Gold

I'm really intrigued by this new plant in my balcony.

I saw it in a nursery all the way at Chua Chu Kang.

I didn't know the name of the plant, so I asked the lady at the nursery what they were.

"Oh.. I don't know too.. we just call it Pieces of Gold (片片黄金)"

I laughed.. and brought the plant home.

The flowers are yellow and where there is a flower, there will be a white leaf or two accompanying the flowers.

Very interesting. If you do know the name of this plant... pls let me know?

4 comments:

Malar said...

I have this plant! It's called Mussaenda Luteola! Check my July blog entry! ;-)
This plant have beautiful yellow flowers!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Wow. Thanks Malar. I knew I could count on one of the many expert gardeners out there like yourself! :)

Malar said...

I saw your question in my blog.
It's a tropical shrub which prefer full sun but can tolerate partial shade. Need to water moderately and can be propagated thru stem cutting! Prune to get bushier shrub and flowers!
Hope this will help you! ;-)

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Hi Malar, thanks much! For some reasons, since this plant came to my house.. the leaves have been turing yellow and dropping.. I'm very worried...