Sunday, April 10, 2011
This is a very easy recipe to make since it uses frozen puff pastry.
I didn't use any specific recipe from a book or anything to make this - I just threw the ingredients together and thankfully, it worked.
To be honest, I am not very sure if this is more an apple pie or an apple strudel.. but hey.. since I made it, I can call it whatever I like... no?
Preparation time - 15-20 mins (not including time taken to thaw the frozen pastry), baking time - 20 mins
2 large apples, peeled and diced/ sliced depending on your preference
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp water
A handful of raisins and dried cranberry
2 tbsp of vanilla sugar (or plain sugar is also fine)
250g frozen puff pastry
1 beaten egg, for brushing pastry
What I did
1. Mix the apples, cinnamon, raisins, water and sugar together
2. Microwave on high for about 3-4 mins and set aside to cool
3. Roll out the puff pastry into a long rectangular piece
4. Put the apples on one side of the pastry and fold it over
5. Seal off the sides of the pastry and score the sides/ top of the pastry
6. Brush with beaten egg
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 deg C for 20 mins, or until pastry is golden brown