Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Best Strawberry Shortcake

I like eating Strawberry Shortcakes. The name itself makes me feel a little happier. It reminds me of the cartoon character of the same name and other cartoon characters that used to be so popular in my days (Carebears, Smurfs and all)

Surprisingly, I think the best one in Singapore is from Four Leaves, a bakery chain with a store in almost every major shopping mall. The cream is light and slightly sweet and the sponge cake is nice and fluffy. Most importantly, it's available in almost every mall so it's easy to get your hands on one.

Tampopo Deli (at Liang Court) also sell a very good one. I like their strawberry shortcake and Scoop Cake. Some think they sell the best strawberry shortcakes in Singapore. I think their cream, which is milky yet light, is indeed nicer than most other places.

Patisserie Glace (at Icon) also makes a pretty good one. It's one of their best sellers and the cake indeed looks very pretty. The plus side about their strawberry shortcake is that they don't stinge on the strawberries. But I find the cake a tad too moist and hence not as fluffy as I'd like it to be.

If you know of any fabulous strawberry shortcakes, do let me know!

Four Leaves' creation

Tampopo Deli

From Patisserie Glace

3 comments:

Blur Ting said...

I bought some strawberry tarts from Ma Maison (Hawaii Cafe or something like that) at Bugis + that day and they were good. The crust is not like a tart, but more like a cake.

Wen-ai said...

Hey, I looooooove strawberry shortcakes too!!!! My favorites: this Japanese bakery at Isetan Scotts basement. Fluffy sponge and cream is light, not too sweet and very FRAGRANT. (You know how good strawberry shortcake will have this strawberry and custard-like fragrance? I love it!) I also like Ah Teng's Bakery at Raffles Hotel. Light and fragrant too. But recently, one of my friends ordered this cake for her birthday and the strawberries were too sour and tart, and half of the strawberries were green. Ugh. What a disappointment. ;(

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Oh.. Isetan bakery - Sun Moulin! I love their bread but somehow never tried their cakes... Will have to give the strawberry shortcake a try. I haven't been to Ah Teng's for a long time. Used to love their chicken pie :)