Friday, December 7, 2012

Hundred and Fifty Thousand

The counter on my blog says that this blog has received more than 150,000 clicks.

When the counter hit 100,000 some time back, I gushed about it to The Husband. He laughed and suggested that about half of those probably came from me.

Well, even then, 150,000 is a small milestone worthy of celebration.

I started blogging in Dec 2008, when I was working on a contract job from home in Singapore for my ex-company in Beijing. I had lots of time back then and could blog as often as I liked... until I started full time work again in April 2010.

Since I started blogging, I've met many new friends - some solely on cyberspace and some I've actually met up with physically. Ting, Petunia, Wen-ai, Fry, Leah (not a blogger but a reader) are some of those I've met. Sinfonia, of course I knew before blogging but I feel I know more of now because of her blog. Others, like Malar, Lrong, Stephanie, Vivian, Celine, Rene, I've never really met.. but I feel I know them (or at least their gardens) because of their blogs and their comments on mine.

My posts have changed from short ones without any photos, to really long posts without any photos.. to what they are now - usually with a photo whether long or short. I think having a photo just makes me feel a little happier about the post.

I used to take all my pictures with a simple camera. Now, most of my pictures are taken with The Husband's DSLR, most often using the macro lens I gave him for his birthday (Hmph, it seems the lens is more for me than him right...? Hmph). And when I forget the DSLR, of course there's always the trusty iPhone.

I started this blog to write about mainly cooking and gardening. My garden is now in a pretty sad state and I no longer cook or bake that often. But I've come to use this blog to note down stuff I do, food I eat, places I go to and my experiences in general. And at the end of the year, when I don't remember what I've done along the way, I read this blog to remind myself about the year.

This year, I didn't blog much. But reading others' blog has become very much a part of my day.. it's like reading the newspaper in the morning. Somehow, my day won't feel right or complete if I don't catch up on the blogs I follow.

I will definitely continue to blog.. even with Little N and after going back to work. Blogging has given me new experiences and time to reflect on my life.. and I'm not quite prepared to give that up!

P/S: Suddenly, I remember this old post of mine on why I blog.. the reasons I've written last time still hold true!

This blog is a lot about good food. 
This is my favourite fried tang hoon by my mum

12 comments:

Malar said...

I'm happy to get to know you too OKC!
How is your girl now? more pictures please ;)!

Vi said...

I am glad to know you too =)
First stumbled upon your blog when I was searching for easy to cook recipes and next thing you are on my news feed!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Hey Malar! She is good.. grown taller (or longer).. Getting harder everyday to put to bed.. but she is getting really cute and alert! I'd definitely be posting more pics soon!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Hi Vivian, heheh. I find we have a lot in common... Namely - SG, Hong Kong and Beijing.. :)

Vi said...

yup yup... heh will ask u for advice REAL soon.

Blur Ting said...

Yup, the blog certainly brought us all together. Amazing isn't it? And really, you're not the one doing all the clicking. Your blog is a wonderful place to visit and your photos are so nice.

Celine said...

*click click click*
Your blog is a trove of recipes! I havent finished clicking all of them yet =)

As little N grows up, you will get more time to blog and do your own things..... hang in there.

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Yes it is amazing indeed and I always look forward to the times we get to meet up! :)

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thanks, Celine! :D

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

yup, i dun drop comments often, but i pop my nose over evey day! hehehehe

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Heheh.. Yes, I can see you popping by from your blog via google stats :)