Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Lunar New Year

It's the year of the Water Snake. Happy Lunar New Year to all!

I've been back at work for just slightly more than a week now. It's good to be back at work.. though there are lots of challenges at work.. and I seem to have even less time than ever. During the day, I have to ensure I spend some time to visit the nursing room.. and I am also trying to rush off work earlier in the evening to be home with Little N before she sleeps.

After having been away from work for almost 5 months, being exposed once again to the full brunt of the rush hour subway human traffic is a rude shock to the system.. and it really brings home the point that has been dominating our local newspaper recently.

Being a new mum, I shudder to think about my child having to grow up in a tiny island with 7 million people in the future that our government is planning for..  I also can understand why so many parents are reluctant to have more children in Singapore.. though that is another post for another day.


Happy Lunar New Year!

3 comments:

Vi said...

and happy valentine's day too!

Unknown said...

You can count yourself lucky to have 5 months off with baby. I could only take 6 weeks off for my 3 babies. Happy Valentine Day.

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thanks Vivian and Stiletto!