Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chocolate Fudge Cake

I felt like making a cake very much this morning.

So I did.

I found a recipe from the Cake Bible on Chocolate Fudge Cake and since I have all the ingredients needed at home, I made it.

It is very similar to the Chocolatey Butter Cake I made in June, except for the liquid and brown sugar.

Ingredients
56g Unsweeten Cocoa
236g Boiling Water
2 large eggs
151g Unsalted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
200g Cake Flour, sifted
289g Brown Sugar
1.5tsp Baking Powder
0.5tsp Baking Soda, also called Sodium Bicarbonate
0.5tsp Salt

What I did
1. Mix cocoa and boiling water together and leave to cool until room temperature
2. Mix Eggs, vanilla and 1/4 of the cooled cocoa mixture together
3. Mix all dry ingredients together
4. Beat dry ingredients at low speed and add in butter and all of the remaining cocoa mixture
5. Beat mixture well for about 1.5 minutes at medium or high speed
6. Pour egg mixture in in 3 separate batches, beating 20 seconds each time.
7. Pour mixture into a lined and greased (and also lightly floured) 9 inch pan
8. Bake in pre-heated oven at 170 deg C for 40 - 60 minutes til toothpick comes out clean when poked into centre of cake.

The cake would start pulling from the sides of the pan once it is out of the oven. Leave it to cool in the pan and then remove and eat.

Like the Chocolatey Butter Cake, a slice of it was enough to satsify my chocolate craving. It is very chocolatey and has a very fine texture. 

Taste like a chocolate brownie, only much lighter.

I can never take good pictures of chocolate cake. But here is a picture of a slice anyway..


No comments: