Thursday, September 17, 2009

A lesson on the highway

I got into an accident yesterday evening.

I was on the way to pick the Husband up from his office and was running late. A thousand things were running through my mind. Things I need to do today, tomorrow, my trip next week..

Then, before I knew it, I knocked the BMW in front of me.

I had a sleepless night last, blaming myself for what happened.

Although I am really upset by this incident, plus the fact I'm having problems with the insurance company, I have things to be thankful about:
1. That I didn't cause any injury to anyone
2. That the other driver was pretty nice, actually. He didn't get upset or nasty and just calmly told me what I need to do.

A wise friend told me that every accident he has been in has made him a better driver.

I guess this is a good lesson for me, to be careful and not let my concentration lapse when I'm on the road.


No comments: