One of my friends hates corn so I try not to make this soup when she comes over for dinner.
But this is a really easy soup and I enjoyed making it as much as drinking/ eating it (It's quite thick, drinking doesn't sound right). It is easy to make, little cleaning up required and makes for a good comfort meal.
Serves 4 - 6, as a side
2 cans of sweet corn (or kernels from 2 fresh sweet corn)
Some finely chopped onions
1 can of chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
Some olive oil
Some plain flour
Freshly grounded pepper and salt, to taste
What I did
1. Pulse 1 can of corn in a food processor/ blender. (I used canned corn, of course)
2. Leave the other can as it is so that you get nice bites of whole kernels
3. In a heated pot, add some olive oil and choped onions
4. When onions are nice and soft, add all the corn in
5. Add a tablespoon or so of plain flour and mix everything together well until they look like very thick oats - the kind my mum served while we were very little. Was it Nestle? Or Nestum.. can't remember..
6. Pour in the chicken stock
7. Simmer for about 15 mins. Add milk or cream if you like your soup creamy and thick. If you do this, just make sure you add a little less stock.
8. Season with salt and lots of freshly grounded pepper.
A very thick soup that is really too simple to make..