Saturday, October 31, 2009

20 Minutes Pizza

Lunch for one needs to be quick and simple.

For me, at least.

Since I'm eating alone, I see no point in making a big fuss over lunch.. but there are days when I want something a little nicer.

This pizza is really simple.. and easy to make. It only took me about 20mins to make, including all the washing, slicing, assembly of ingredients and baking! (Although I did switch the oven on earlier to preheat it up.)


The 20 minutes pizza

And no.. I didn't use a ready-made pizza dough. (The scrooge in me cannot understand the prices those go for at the supermarket. When I really want a real pizza dough, I'd make one myself. See recipe here.)

I used a thin soft bread from Ikea to make these. This bread is really handy. I find myself getting a packet each time I go Ikea. They come frozen, so you can take your time to use them up. You can use them for sandwiches, as a wrap.. and as a pizza.

I made this pizza today with baby spinach, baby portebello mushrooms (finely sliced), some fresh cherry tomatos, bottled pasta sauce and lots of mozarella.

10 minutes for washing, slicing and arranging. 10 minutes in the oven at 190 - 200 deg C. It'd be good to pop the soft bread into the oven for about 5 mins before arranging all the ingredients on it.. to make the base of this pizza crispier.


Pizza before baking - the base looks very much like a normal pizza base..

2 comments:

Petunia Lee said...

WoW! May I please come for lunch?

Open Kitchen Concept said...

hehe.. sure.. I should organise something at my place.. or join in the next forummers outing.. then I'd bring some food.. :)