Monday, October 19, 2009

How to stop cravings

I have been craving for Korean food.

Last Friday's trip to Seoul Yummy at Square 2 didn't quite satisfy my cravings. The food wasn't bad, but it was a far cry from the few Korean restaurants I frequent in Beijing.

One of the best ways for me to stop a certain craving is if I cook the food myself. It really works. And not because I make such a good meal that I get all contented. It's just that all that work and effort will make me appreciate the dish that I'm craving for a lot more and in a strange way, stop the craving.

Hm.. I guess another way to look at it is that I usually do such a bad job my cravings stop.

So anyway, I passed by a Korean supermarket today and decided to buy some fresh kimchi and ingredients for a Korean dinner.

And so dinner today was a Korean Seafood Pancake with dipping sauce, Cold Tofu with chilli sauce, Ginseng Chicken and Kimchi, of course.



It did the trick - no more cravings.

1 comment:

I am Hap(py) said...

Hello, We should have a korean dinner together self-made by us and ask the gals up :D