Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Meet Ms Flamenco


Meet Ms Flamenco.

Remember how I wanted a frilly hibiscus plant but got a normal red one (with a beautiful deep red centre) instead?

Well, a visit to World Farm last Saturday settled that "problem".

We brought home Ms Flamenco. She is a HUGE frilly hibiscus plant standing at about 1.2m tall. So big that with my macro lens, I couldn't really take a good picture of her at full size standing in my small balcony.

I named her as Flamenco, after the traditional Spanish dress, which typically comes in a strong colour like bright fire engine red and has those distinctive and rather flamboyant ruffles.

Picture from here

She is really a very pretty plant - my cell-group friend came over and commented that she looks like an apple tree, with all those big red flowers drooping over because of their weight.

12 comments:

Petunia Lee said...

Well now... ain't yo garden a purty sight!

Blur Ting said...

You name your plants? How sweet! Yes, I can imagine how beautiful Ms Flamenco is!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Hehe.. Thanks Petunia!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Ting, I only name selected ones.. hehe. She is a really beautiful plant. The Husband likes to say it is his plant because he bought it.

My Sinfonia said...

Beautiful!!! Wish I can take a peek at your balcony!

Malar said...

It's so beautiful!!!
Anyway i have invited you for a game. Check out my blog!

Autumn Belle said...

Ms Flamenco is a fitting name for this exotic beauty. Shes hot!

Rummi, the gardener. said...

Beautiful Ms Flamenco !
Now I'm tempted to want one too :)

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thank you Yin Mei! I can't wait to see your full garden too.. but you are so faaarrrrr away...

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thanks Malar! I'd be dropping by your blog right away!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thanks Autumn Belle and Rummi! I really like the strong colours from flamenco dresses.. :)

Blur Ting said...

Oh, I was at World Farm and saw some beautiful ones yesterday. Was tempted to buy one for myself but ended up buying a bunch of flowering plants for the school garden.