Sunday, September 5, 2010

Skinny Prawns and Avocado Pizza


I like pizzas with a thin, crispy crust. Pizzas are one of the things I really like to make at home. I wish The Husband like pizzas a lot more so I can keep making lots of it at home.

Thin crust pizza usually requires preparation in advance. Supposedly, the dough will be really good if you let it raise slowly in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Too bad, I only read about this a few hours before dinner time.

This pizza recipe doesn't call for slow rising of the dough so it is perfect for a last minute pizza. I like this recipe because it is pretty simple and the addition of corn meal gives it a nice texture. If I have to do this again though, I have a feeling that baking it for about 5 mins before heaping up with all the ingredients would result in a more crackly pizza.

Ingredients
2 tsp active dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup water
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp yellow cornmeal or wholemeal flour

What I did
1. Mix all the ingredients together except for the dry yeast and water
2. Make a little well in the centre of the flour mixture
3. Add in the yeast and water
4. Knead until smooth
5. Let rise until dough doubles in size (about 1 hour)
6. Spread whatever ingredients you like on top of the dough. I added some red pesto sauce for the base, mini portebello mushrooms, prawns, avocado and some mixed mozzarella and cheddar cheese

For another easy to make pizza dough - see here.

No comments: