Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tarragon flowers

Petunia gave me a tarragon plant last Friday.. It was flowering so beautifully I almost couldn't bring myself to eat them.

But I was curious about the taste of the tarragon flowers. So I snipped off some flowers and added them to my salad.

I must say - they taste really good.. very similar to the leaves but a teeny bit more floral! For this salad, I added a mixture of salad leaves, malabar spinach, cherry tomatoes and some sunflower seeds. The dressing is simple - some greek olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and freshly grounded black pepper. The tarragon flowers added a real zest to the salad.


Thank you, Petunia for the plant. Hopefully, I can keep it growing well to produce a lot more flowers for my salads. There is this recipe for tarragon bread I've been curious about. I think I'd try making it with a mixture of the leaves and flowers.

4 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Looks good! I made a somewhat similar salad this evening too, without the tarragon flowers of course. Mine's more rustic while yours is just so pretty.

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Oh.. but you are such a fabulous cook I'm sure it taste great! I'm suddenly craving for chickpea curry...~~

Petunia Lee said...

Yup! Ting, your style is big and hearty and yummy. OKC's style is elegant and pretty and yummy. All the rest not important. Only the yummy!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Hearty is really the right word! :)