Monday, February 21, 2011

Anzu Oil, or Apricot Kernel Oil

I haven't done one of these "beauty" posts for a long time now.

Yanagiya Anzuyu is a top selling hair product in Japan. It is actually apricot kernel oil and it is supposed to be good for keeping hair moisturized and protected against damages.

I can tell why this oil is so popular with Japanese ladies. Having used it for a couple of months now, I find that applying a bit of this oil after I've washed and towel-dried my hair makes my hair smoother, shinier and a lot more manageable. Because apricot kernel oil has anti-inflammation properties, it is suitable for people with sensitive scalp like me. Most other hair products usually cause irritation to my scalp. But I've had no problems whatsoever with anzuyu.

If you read Japanese, the Yanagiya anzuyu website is quite informative and pretty simple to understand. Directions on how to use this oil and its benefits can be also found on this website

The only thing is.. I'm not sure if this oil is available in Singapore. It is certainly easily available in most drug stores in Japan.

2 comments:

Petunia Lee said...

Is it a fragrant oil?

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Hi Petunia, it is a natural oil.. So it has a light fragrance.. But the smell is not strong at all. Quite pleasant actually, I find