Going through their blog has me thinking - do we really need lots of money to live? Or can we live simply.. with minimal income.. yet live really quite well.
I've blogged about Simple Living before. At that time, I said I'd make a plan.
Sadly, I haven't really done anything since then.
It's time to do something. For starters, a few things about our lifestyle bothers me -
1) We consume lots of electricity at home - our air-conditioner is always switched on most of the time and the TV is always on, although no one may be watching it
2) I buy too many things I do not need. I'm a bit of a facial products junkie - I think I have supplies enough for 2 years, at least.. with what is in my dresser at the moment. Maybe not 2 years.. but at least 18 months.
3) We stock too many things in our larder and end up having lots of food expiring, then throwing them out. It's a similar situation for the fresh food we buy. We put them into our very full fridge and don't cook them quick enough so they turn bad
It's going to be hard to move towards simple living. I'm just going to take baby steps for now by:
1) Cutting down on my consumption of electricity when I can
2) Not buying facial products for the next 6 months
3) Being careful about what I buy in the supermarket and at the market to reduce waste
Thinking time.. what else can I do?