Saturday, September 3, 2011
Easy Almond Granola
Homemade granola is super easy and it is also healthy to boot.
You can't really go too wrong so as long as you use some common sense - I don't think measuring out stuff is some important.
For this granola, I added some quick cooking oats to traditional rolled oats and I found that the granola came out crunchier.
- Quick cooking oats and rolled oats (about 1:4)
- A couple of tablespoon of canola oil
- A good bit of honey diluted with a few tablespoons of water
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- A handful of almonds
What I did
1. Mix the oats well with cinnamon powder and almonds
2. Mix the oil and honey water together and pour over mixture. What is important here is you get the oats to be all very lightly moisten with the liquid/ oil mixture
3. Spread the mixture over Silpat and bake for about 30 - 40 minutes at 160 deg C, or until the oats are a gold-brownish colour
4. As the granola cools, it will turn crisp. After it cools completely, store in an airtight container and it should last for about a month