Friday, January 22, 2010

Good desserts in a familiar place

Out Of The Pan is a more-than-familiar restaurant.

My old office used to be at Raffles City, and it is a restaurant I often had lunch.. or dinner at.

I almost always ordered the same few items from the menu - Peking Duck Crepe, Seafood Jungle Crepe and sometimes just one of the soups.

Last night, I had dinner there again with a few girl friends.. and after having the mains (of which I thought the standard has deteriorated), we decided to share a couple of desserts..

We ended up having a very soft creamy tiramisu wrapped in a crepe, topped with ice-cream, and a cinnamon wafer with custard, vanilla ice-cream and mixed berries.

And they were both very good.

Which goes to show that I need to try out new things, even in familiar restaurants sometimes.


The wafer with ice-cream and mixed berries


A super yummy tiramisu... I think the crepe makes a real difference

Out Of The Pan
Address: Raffles City Shopping Centre 
#B1-45
Tel: +65 6431 6103

No comments: