Monday, June 28, 2010

A Cute Kitchen

 A sneak peak into my kitchen...

I have a lovely kitchen that I really enjoy working in.. even though it is pretty messy most of the time.

But my kitchen is very me. It is very simple and practical - all the cabinets are white, with a splash of bluish glass here and there. Most of the electronics (fridge, microwave and oven) are silver or else grey. The floor is made up of large pieces of dark grey tiles and the walls are painted white. It is also small enough such that only 1 cook can work in the kitchen at one time.. which suits our household fine because in our home, we believe that too many cooks will spoil the broth. So either The Husband is working in the kitchen or else I am.. but never the two of us.

Having said that, I do think it'd be lovely to have a much bigger kitchen that leads into a garden.. or at least have a kitchen with huge windows so light can dance in.. And sometimes I wish my kitchen doesn't have an "open concept".. because the living room and rooms can kind of smell when we cook things like curry and fried fish.

Overall though, I'm still very pleased with my kitchen.

But when you chance upon a kitchen as cute as this.. it's easy to think that your kitchen has a long way more to go to be as pretty. I like this kitchen because it is cute.. yet simple, practical.. and messy! (Designs by Catherine Hammerton, from DesignSponge)

I love the lightness of the kitchen and the bold use 
of black, white and fire engine red!

All that mess.. and yet everything looks good!

3 comments:

Blur Ting said...

I like your kitchen! While I like those featured in magazines with loads of cute stuff on display etc, I think they are not practical for the Asian kitchen. Imagine how much cleaning up we'll have to do after each cookout!

My ideal kitchen is actually a big one, preferably outdoors that lead to the garden.

Open Kitchen Concept said...

That's true! A big kitchen with LOTS.. with an outdoor and indoor cooking area.. would be super nice! Hm.. sounds like someone's kitchen...

I am Hap(py) said...

i still can't believe our kitchen is so alike hahaa.. and now the photos turned out is even nicer! COOL!