Saturday, October 2, 2010

Durable Orchids


Another plant I bought against my own instincts - In my mind, orchids are very hard to grow and very easy to kill.

But this plant was so beautiful - there are so many flowers and buds on the plant when I saw it.. I was very much tempted to buy it.

So buy it I did. And after almost 3 weeks.. there are still lots of flowers on the plant. Wow.. I didn't know that the flowers are so... durable. I mean.. up to now, most of the flowers in my garden are those here-today-gone-tomorrow type. So it's really nice to see the flowers on the plant day in and day out.

Being a newbie to orchid growing, I find this article from GCS really helpful. Basically - enough sunlight and minimal watering.

Anyone wants to share any good links or tips for growing orchids in a tropical climate?

No comments: