Monday, December 20, 2010

Dinner and Conference Calls

I had 2 conference calls earlier this evening. One from 6pm to 7pm and the other from 830pm to 930pm.

This is the problem created by technology such as remote access and tele-conferencing. It is now so easy to speak to someone in London and New York that we end up doing that. But there is no technology solutions for time differences yet invented and so we end up having to work late hours to talk to colleagues from across the world.

I decided to leave work early so I can take both calls from home and I can have dinner at home.

In the 1.5 hours between the 2 calls, I made a pasta and salad. I cooked some linguine with some very excellent hot smoked salmon with mixed mushrooms. (Hot smoked salmon is cooked salmon with a smokey taste. We got ours from Iceland courtesy of The Sister-in-Law. It's yummy!) I also put together some vegetables with crispy fried onions, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make a quick salad.

There was enough time to make dinner, eat it up and chill out a little before doing the dishes. But I was slow with the dishes and time ran out. So The Husband had to take over doing the dishes whilst I talked to my colleagues in London and New York.

What a busy evening it has been!

4 comments:

Malar said...

Pretty busy day i guess! The pasta looks good!

Blur Ting said...

Simple but definitely delicious!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Thanks Malar. It was pretty good - thanks to the excellent smoked salmon! :) I was in a hurry so no time for nice pictures...

Malar said...

Merry Christmas !