Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mixed Berry Smoothie with Mint

On very hot weekend afternoons, when I don't have much of an appetite for any lunch, I find salads and smoothies most comforting.

Today is another one of those extra hot Sundays, so I decided to make a smoothie out of all the berries I have in the fridge. All I did was throw some ice, blueberries, strawberries, mint leaves and milk into my Vitamix and blend everything together. I supposed you could add some honey if you like your smoothie sweet but I found this good enough for me.

The mint leaves makes this smoothie really refreshing.

And I suppose it is indeed a very healthy lunch, especially since I had it with a couple of fresh strawberries and plums.

Such a refreshing smoothie! I love my Vitamix for this

Before and after

No comments: