Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fat Boy's - The Burger Bar


I've been lamenting enough about work over Facebook, so I shouldn't talk very much about work over this blog.

Instead, I do want to try finish up all my posts on Switzerland (I know, it's been forever) and share some places I've been to recently.

I've been meaning to try out Fat Boy's for a while now.

The Joo Chiat branch we often go pass but we would invariably end up choosing Ju Shin Jung or Long Phung instead. The Thomson branch was too crowded the few times we went by.. and I wasn't really prepared to queue 30mins for any burger.

Last Saturday, we went by the Thomson branch pretty early in the evening, right after our prenatal class. There was, for once, no queue at the restaurant, so we decided to eat an early dinner at Fat Boy's.

I like the simple menu - mainly burgers, milkshakes and waffles, with some basic sides.

The Husband ordered "The Wimpy", a single patty version of the Fat Boy's house specialty called "Fat Bastard". It was pretty good - a juicy beef patty with chewy bacon, cheddar cheese, a fried egg and homemade sauce on a sesame bun. I liked the thick fries that came with the burger.


I opted for the Chicken Ceasar Salad which wasn't terrible but it wasn't impressive either. The milk shakes and sausages our neighbouring table were having looked good as well. I'd be keen to try those and the "Swiss Shroom" burger next time.



Fat Boy's (Thomson)
Add: 187 Upper Thomson Road
Tel: +65 6252 8780
Website: http://www.fatboys.sg/index.html

1 comment:

Malar said...

The food look yummy!