I made the icing for the cupcakes this morning.
The Rachel Rae's recipe I mentioned in Part 2 was supposed to be for 6 dozen cupcakes and according to many of the reviews, just nice in terms of sweetness.. "Not too sweet"..
Quantity-wise, I think 6 dozen was about right. I made slightly more and had more than sufficient icing for The Girls. But it was rather sweet. I think that the sugar amount can easily to reduced by 30% - 40%.
Anyway, the Girls did seem to rather enjoy the class... and oh... they were really creative with the icing. I gave them 4 colours - red, blue, green and violet and they made so many different designs and shades of icing.
In all, I thought that this cupcakes class really took a lot of work.. in part due to my inexperience. I think I would be able to do a faster job the next time around... if I ever have to do it again.
Though I hope it'd not be in the near future..
My favourite piece..
Cupcakes by me..