Monday, November 29, 2010

Tarragon Rejuvenated

I don't have green fingers.. and I have found herbs especially hard to grow.

Petunia gave me a pot of tarragon a while back.. and it was tall and beautiful, with lots of yummy leaves and pretty, fragrant flowers. I used the leaves in my roasts and the flowers in my salad. But alas, over a few weeks, the leaves turned brown and after a while, it became a pot of dried tarragon.

Frustrated, I trimmed away all the dried leaves and cut the plant up severely, leaving only a relatively short stump behind.

I thought I'd be throwing the entire pot away in no time.

To my surprise, however, green leaves started sprouting out everywhere.. and now, I have a pretty decent looking pot of tarragon again! No flowers yet.. but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

5 comments:

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

guess the herb was pouting for a hair cut, botak style. ahehehehe......

Rummi said...

They will grow fine, they will grow fine :)

Open Kitchen Concept said...

It was indeed, Fry!

Rummi, thanks!

Malar said...

This shows that you do have green fingers!
The Tarragon looks so lush!

petunialee said...

Purrrrty!!

There was an error in this gadget
Blog Widget by LinkWithin